Many intermediaries will provide a claim form and/or insurer telephone helpline number and this represents the start and finish of their claims administration service.
Whilst we have never met a client yet that actually wants to have a claim, in the event of an incident arising which is covered under a policy in force we have a great opportunity to demonstrate the effectiveness of the cover in place.
The claims process reinforces the benefit of the cover in providing financial protection and peace of mind for the policyholder and it is important to us to ensure that the process is managed on a proactive basis.
We manage claims as follows:
- Prompt verbal and/or written notification of the incident to the insurer
- Liaison with insurers claims staff and/or appointed Loss Adjuster
- Secure interim payments as appropriate
- Monitor and provide update on progress to completion
- Post settlement - assess and action any risk improvements and any review of the cover in place and/or sums insured
Loss Assessors - in the event of a claim arising insurers often appoint a firm of Loss Adjusters to handle the claim on their behalf. Loss Adjusters are independent but where a loss is large or complex, clients may wish to engage the services of a Loss Assessor to solely act on their behalf. The Assessor may be appointed after the loss has occurred and their fee will be responsibility of the policyholder. All clients will be offered the opportunity to purchase cover for Loss Assessor fees when taking out or renewing cover.